Saturday 28 September 2013

A doctor at my door!

I've been working on a list of my worst five King books, to balance out the last post of my top five, but it felt too mean to post it last week, with it being Stephen King's birthday! Rest assured it will follow in the next few days, but in the meantime I've been waylaid by the arrival of 'Doctor Sleep' today!
 So all normal activity will be paused until I've read it, as I really don't want to see any spoilers before I've finished, and I am now impatient to get started!
 This should mean, however, two posts in close succession as I will no doubt be prompted to write a review (with spoiler alerts in place!).
I've also been watching the TV version of 'Under the Dome' (shown on 5 USA here in the UK), and so far, so good. A series was clearly a good way to go with this, as it means that many of the sub-plots have been included with a good level of attention on each. I enjoyed the book, but haven't yet reread it, however I am encouraged to by watching the programme. Doubtless many of you internationally are further ahead with the series - are you enjoying it? Do you think it is doing the book justice?

No comments:

Post a Comment